Friday, September 30, 2011

Character Change

I need to get this whole blogging thing onto a schedule. Maybe I will start blogging every Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Sound good? Good.

I've been reading The Vampire Lestat and like I've said before, I can't help but make connections between it and the first book- too many English classes does that too you. Lestat, he is the main person (along with Armand) that I have been making these connections with; mostly due to the fact that he has such a large character change throughout the series. In the first book Lestat is a pompous, arrogant, and slightly obnoxious man who wants everyone to love him. Which makes sense slightly with the second book because Lestat always wants to have another vampire with him, so he made Louis and Claudia in the first book, and Gabrielle and Nicki in the second book. Yet, the personality is what doesn't particularity match up. In Lestat Lestat is emotional and loving, of course he still has the arrogance, but just not as much as in Interview with a Vampire. Ah, what complex creatures vampires are...the well written ones of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment