Friday, September 16, 2011

*Insert Creative Title*

The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Likable sentences:

"Don't be a fool for the devil, darling!" By far my favorite, at this part Lestat is talking to a vampire who lives in rags underneath a cemetery. A vampire chastising another vampire for following the devil's ideals...irony anyone?

"Every object she saw, the moment she crossed the threshold, appeared to delight her" SHINY!!!! Sorry I couldn't help myself. In my mind I picture a young woman walking through a house, looking in awe at everything. Quite a funny picture if you think about when the book was written.

"Yet it seemed an arrogant thing, an obscene thing to move the lid of the coffin again and gaze at her in sleep as I had done last night." At least Lestat had the decency to not watch her anymore; unlike another known vampire *coughedwardcough*.

Pages this week: 136
A pages read: 954

P.S. I read 172 pages last week

No comments:

Post a Comment