Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rather Pointless Ramblings

I have been uber busy this week, so my reading has been pushed back a little. Plus, I'm in the middle of reading a book for class, "Heart of Darkness", not something I would recommend :P I have just started back up with Lestat, which is wonderful. *spoiler alert* Lestat just changed Nicki into a vampire, which is quite interesting; I didn't think he would actually change Nicki. I figured that Lestat wouldn't give into his want. Oh well, Nicolas was going to live a screwed life anyways. He had two options at that point: 1. become a vampire or 2. be a a crazy madman for the rest of his life. Personally I would have gone crazy simply from the decision (although that's just me, I suck at making decisions...it's pretty bad...I have problems deciding what to have for breakfast...yeah) Anyways. I have also been making some connections to Interview with a Vampire, the first book in the series, and some of them are kinda laughable...in my mind. At one point Lestat gives over his theater to a group of vampires; which I believe will eventually become the theater in the other book. Yeah, not that funny, but it was kind of an AH! moment for me. Oh, and if anyone has read the book and would like to clarify for me...Armand is a kid vampire that is extremely old right? I was rather confused because in Interview I had figured that he was a grown man, but it's saying that he is a kid...did I just formulate some obscure idea in my mind that he was an adult?

I will pick up with my reading on Wuthering Heights soon. I think that's it for today. Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment