Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Death and Stuff

So I was thinking about death today...wow that sentence sounds overly creepy. I wasn't thinking about it in the 'oh I think dying would be oh-so-fun' kind of way, more the 'Lestat has a really twisted point of veiw on death' kind of way. The point is Lestat spends quite a bit of time pondering death, and worrying about death, and killing other people-which ultimately leads to death. The moral of the story is that vampires think about death ALOT. Which kind of makes sense because they've escaped death in a way, plus they have forever to wonder about the afterlife and what it is to die. I don't think I want to be a vampire...too weird...and morbid.

Moving on.

I have been reading The Boneshaker quite a bit lately; it's not quite what I had orginally suspected it would be like. Although to be fair I didn't have a clue what it was about when I picked it out (hehe I made a rhyme). The whole plot is based around this odd medical show coming into town in the 1918-ish time period. The lead character is this girl and she has an affinity towards mechanical stuff- something I lack. Other than that I don't have to much information into what the novel is truley about, hopefully the plot will really start picking up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment