Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Books of Bookiness

Paper Towns by John Green
The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice
The Princess Bride by William Goldman

Sentences of Interest:

"...maybe the strings break, or maybe our ships sink, or maybe we're grass-our roots so interdependent that no one is dead as long as someone is still alive." Paper Towns I went on a rant yesterday about how I didn't like the book but...I genuinely liked the ending. I expected some dumb, clique ending that would suck. It didn't though so it kind of made up for the parts that I didn't like. This sentence itself I found interesting due to the fact that it's true...everyone is connected, we all live inside each other's memories.


"I want to sing and to dance." The Vampire Lestat I found this sentence quite funny. Mostly because in the last book Lestat was stuck-up and rather annoying. Yet, now he wants to be a rockstar. A rockstar. He used to be a rich, pompousm, killing aristocrat and now he is wearing leather and dancing on a stage. And for some reason I find that extremely funny.


"Mawwage. Mawwage is what bwings us together today." The Princess Bride This one is pretty self-explanatory as to why I like it. Its pretty darn funny and if you can't admit that you obviously don't have a sense of humor. Also, they used the exact same quote from the book in the movie. Which makes it infinitly better.

Pages this week: 203
All pages read: 646

No comments:

Post a Comment